A stormy week gave way to a gorgeous sunset above the Creation stage in Mt. Union as Chris Tomlin, Kristian Stanfill and Christy Nockels launched into Passion night at the festival.
I was excited to be there, excited to participate in the worship and (most of all) excited to have friends from church with me. I so hope a few of them will come along to Passion 2014 in Atlanta next January either as doorholders or as students.
As usual, Louie Giglio’s message blew me away with its direct, honest, challenge to embrace the mystery of the Gospel. Here are a few highlights I wrote down before the cellphone battery died:
- When you can add it all up, God must not be involved.
- Where there’s a holy God, there’s the healing power of Jesus.
- There are more who are for you and more who are with you than who are against you.
- The Creator is saying to you – you are a miracle and you’re beautiful.
- His plan for your life will blow your mind.
- The God who dreamed up the indescribable universe is the same One who knit you together in your mother’s womb.
- God does not make anything less than beautiful.
- Nothing you have done and nothing that has been done to you can stop what God has planned for you.
- He is the God of the immeasurably more.
- You have to raise your expectation about what God is going to do in your life.
- God can put you wherever he wants you.
- The gospel is the engine that drives everything in life.
- If the gospel doesn’t stir something in your heart, you will never get to where God wants you to be.
- If you are over the gospel, maybe you never had the gospel.
- Jesus didn’t come to make bad people good. He came to make dead people alive.